Step by Step Process for all Well Drilling
- Calculate the cost of well vs shipping water in, and connecting to municipality utilities(if available). Please factor in the possibility of a grid down situation and, the value of having quick access to water. Duel use well's are a great idea that have really been taking off here lately. Duel use would be hand pump/Electric pump well. That way you have water even if no power is available.
- Survey the prospective well site, we can do this for you if necessary. Items to avoid are; septic systems, buried fuel tanks, and animal feedlots etc. Also, keep in mind the distance from building sites. We recommend at least 10' from a building site. We will also look at the grade of the property to suggest where the best place to find water is. We will pull drill report logs based on your described location of the well to find out what the approximate depth of the wells in the area are, so we can get a idea of what your depths may be. Keep in mind this is only a guide. We will not know the exact depth needed until you know your Gallons Per Minute need.
- Calculate your GPM or gallons per minute requirement. An easy way to calculate your need is to add up all your water fixtures inside and out of your home/building. Your combined total is your GPM requirement. For example, if you have 12 water fixtures inside and out you have a 12 GPM well requirement.
- Retrieve your well permit from your local municipality. We can, and do help with this step at no additional cost if needed.
- Enter into a service agreement with your driller, and make your deposit payment of 50% of the estimated costs.
- Our goal is to schedule your drilling no later than 2 weeks out. There are many variables that could extend out our target time. We will let you know where our lead times are prior to entering into a service agreement. *Permits are only temporary therefore we do not want to wait too long to drill the well once the permit is acquired.
- Drilling typically takes 1-3 days to complete. After this point we will install your well pump, and you will be ready to either plumb your well into your house or begin to use your new well for your farm animals!
- After completion we will follow up on the complete well with a mailed folder of all your well pertinent information; ie water tests, and well yield (GPM) etc.
- ALL REFERRALS WILL RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY WELL INSPECTION AFTER 1YR!